Here is Prayer Guide your church can use.
These are tumultuous times, and our nation and the world desperately need prayer. This prayer guide is only a suggestion to help guide you as you pray. No matter how you chose to pray, please keep in mind that desperate times require desperate, heartfelt prayers, which are passionately cried out to our Lord! (Hebrews 4:16)
- Have Reverence! Jesus instructs us to begin with a focus of worship. (Matthew 6:9)
- Know that we live in an Unsafe world! (Psalm 33:13–22)
Pray for a Supernatural Move of God to Bring Resolution to the Coronavirus COVID-19 Crisis!
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm." (Ephesians 6.12)
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:3- 5)
Pray for Protection our Nation and World Over all Evil and the COVID-19!
- Ask God to forgive the American people for our sins against Him (2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 John 1:9; Nehemiah 9:1-2).
- Pray for God's protection of our people and our families (Ezekiel 22:30; 2 Chronicles 20:17; Psalm 35:1).
- Pray for victory over fear (2 Timothy 1: 7; Psalm 46:1-2; Matthew 6:25-34).
Pray for our Leaders! (President, his Advisers and Cabinet, Vise President, United Nations, CDC, Local Public Health Officials, Police and Fire officials, Congress and Senate, and the Elections. Pray for our LORD to grant them wisdom and may act with character).
- Pray that they would seek God's wisdom and counsel. (James 1:5)
- Pray that they would fear God more than man. (Psalm 111:10)
- Pray that God would pour out His blessings and protection over them. (Psalm 91: 11-12)
- Pray that those who do not know the Lord would come to Him through this crisis. (2 Peter 3:9)
Pray for Our Military!
- Pray for their protection and for peace, which transcends all understanding. (2 Timothy 1:7; 2 Thessalonians 3:3; Philippians 4:7)
- Pray for the protection, provision and peace of their family members. (Psalm 91:11-12)
- Pray for their encouragement in the face of danger and loneliness. (Joshua 1:7)
- Pray that those who don't know Christ would come to Him through this crisis. (Acts 2:21)
- Pray that they would have confidence in the Lord and in His mighty power and that He alone would be able to keep them from harm. (Ephesians 6:10, Psalm 91:9-12)
Pray for The People of the World!
- Pray that they would come to know the true Living God through this crisis and that the Local Church will grow, and that the god of this world would not be able to continue to blind them. (2 Peter 3:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4)
- Pray that the innocent would not suffer and that they would be protected from harm, especially the children. (Psalm 91: 9-12)
- Pray that evil Regimes, through a supernatural move of God, would go away or convert and a more stable government resume. (Daniel 4:31, 4:4-5, 2:1)
Pray for the Church!
- That the church would have a renewed passion and commitment to preaching and teaching God's Word and evangelizing the world. (Matthew 28:19)
- Pray for a return to the absolute Truths of Scripture. (2 Timothy 3: 16–17)
- Pray for God's people to carry out their lives with character and godliness. (2 Corinthians 5:18–21)
- Pray for a holy reverence of the Lord to be circulated in the hearts of all of God's people. (Proverbs 1:7)
- Pray for a unity among the local churches to truly love the Lord and proclaim the Gospel. (John 17:3)
PDF Version here: COVID-19PRAYERGUIDE.pdf